22 Lessons from 22 years
In honour of my up-coming 22nd birthday. I don’t know about you, but I feeling 22.
DISCLAIMER: Not all of these I’ve learnt from personal experience (except the tequila one, please learn from my mistakes).
1. It doesn’t matter where you go, you can’t escape your problems or decisions
2. Parents are human
3. Trust is earned, compassion is necessary
4. The more places I visit the more I realise everyone goes through the same abstract problems
5. You know who your real friends are when you go through a breakup aka when you’re annoying af
6. Perfection doesn’t exist
7. Don’t be a know-it-all, you know shit in the grand scheme of things
8. Some people won’t get you and you can’t control whether they get offended
9. No romantic interest is worth screwing someone close over
10. Breakfast isn’t all that
11. Sleep is cool
12. Never buy your own cigarettes or tequila shots or advent calendars
13. Avocado can be added to literally anything for creamy deliciousness
14. Alcoholics anonymous can teach us a lot about our society
15. Cut your siblings some slack
16. Grandparents are full of wisdom and have great party stories
17. Don’t drink more than 2 cups of coffee or a can of Monster
18. Always set internal deadlines
19. You don’t reeeeally need a car. Using public transport teaches you patience, especially if you live in the South of England. S/o to the friends that drive me around - much love.
20. Birthdays are about indulging yourself and spending time with your faves not best spent in a seedy Wetherspoons
21. Your life’s purpose is not to lose weight
22. Sunscreen and moisturiser are bae
Bonus: Dairy-free isn’t worth harming my mental health. Sorry cows.
All my love, Sam